Friday, April 20, 2012
New Lessons Learned About Action Research
It's been a very informative week in my educational research class. I really enjoyed the videos of Dr. Briseno and Dr. Lewis. It was awesome to hear first hand how action research has been used in their respective districts. I learned that the best research is performed on a topic you are interested in and that has relevance for your currrent educational environment. I learned that it's an excellent source of professional development, and should be ongoing so that quality data drives important decisions that are made regarding educational changes. Most importantly, I learned that we've been doing action reearch on my campus for several years. However, it had never been referred to as "action research". Now I have a name for it, and understand how essential it is for educational excellence!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree that the best research is performed on a topic you are interested in. Now how do we get an entire campus interested in one topic.
ReplyDelete